Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

I've returned from my hiatus and feel embarrassed about missing my self imposed deadlines.  I've sent Shivani home to her village because her mother is ill so she hasn't been doing any cooking lately.  I managed to record a few recipes but forgot to take photos so I hope this serial blog thingy works out.  This week I bring you honey chicken!  Quick and easy...just how I like it!



HONEY CHICKEN


1/2 kg chicken cubed
1 TB ginger paste
1 TB garlic paste
1/2 TB lime juice
75 g honey

Marinate all ingredients except the honey in a medium sized bowl for at least a 1/2 hour.  Heat oil in a large pan.  Add contents of bowl into the pan and simmer on low, stirring occasionally until liquid is reduced and chicken starts to brown.  Drizzle the honey into the pan and cook for 3 more minutes.



Apparently this is the only photo I took.  Shivani's recipe written in Hindi and the chicken in its marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment