Monday, March 28, 2011

Disconnect

I've spent the last week on my own as Glen is away for work in Australia.  I've sort of reverted to my bachelorette days of quick and easy meals for one.  Macaroni and cheese with a glass of red wine anyone?  Oh except this time I'm having a healthier version of the meal by adding a salad.  Go Jenn!  It has also put my lack of independence in my face.  I hate that I can't just hop in my car and drive myself to the movies or for a hike in the mountains....like I used to do in Colorado.  Leaving a Jenn alone with too much idle time to let her head spin is not a good thing.  Sometimes solitude is a wonderful thing....but not when you are stuck in a city that still feels somewhat hostile.  Soooo I kind of booked a trip to Thailand.  We don't really have the money (freaking wedding costs!) but the flights were cheap.  And besides as soon as Glen comes back from Oz he is going to turn around and leave for work again for another 5 days.  So if I am going to have so much alone time I might as well do it in a happy place.  Like Koh Samui.  It's kind of scary traveling on my own.  I did it in Italy and it was a little intimidating.  I really like having a travel buddy and Glen is the best.  But it's time to put on my big girl pants and just do it.  I have an American friend that might meet me there the last few days.  We met at a yoga class in Delhi and connected right away.  But unfortunately (for me) she had to move back to California.  I'm not taking my laptop.  I might pop into an internet cafe here and there.  But ultimately I'm just going to disconnect from this place and go eat really good food, do some yoga, and relax on the beach.  


So here's to independent travel and new experiences.  I'll be back in a couple of weeks!      

2 comments:

  1. I, too, would be a wary single traveler, but I am in utter awe of your experiences. I need to do something similar...and soon!

    Relax and enjoy, Jenn!!!

    ReplyDelete