Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Short but sweet

We were thrilled to have Glen's mum here for a visit.  She tacked on a stay with us to a tour of the Golden Triangle, which consists of Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra.  It was my turn to play hostess.  I spent the entire month of February getting the house ready, planning meals, and planning tourist things to do with her.  I don't know why I was so nervous having her come in to my domain.  I suppose I wanted to make a good impression.  After all, I plan on spending the rest of my life with her son so it's best that we get our relationship started off on the right foot.  And she so graciously hosted us at her place twice already....complete with fireplace, warms cups of tea, bacon butties, and home-cooked meals.  She's a tough act to follow!  I don't know what my problem was, it's not like she was going to peek into my underwear drawer.  She had seen most of our furniture before when she stayed with Glen in Houston a year and a half ago.  So I think I got worried when I felt like she would be assessing the place for my personal touch....as if she was going to judge me based on my cushion cover selections.  What. is. my. problem?  Turned out, I could relax.  It really didn't matter much what the place looked like.  We were just happy to be in each other's company and getting to know one another a little better.  It was nice for me to cook for her and bring her cups of coffee for a change.  And I think she got a little perspective on what life is like in India.  It's one thing for me to describe it to people but you really have to come see it, smell it, and experience it for yourself to really understand.  I hope she can see that we're doing alright here.  I hope she can see that I am good for her son.  I am looking forward to years of her friendship.  Wish she could've stayed a little longer.  Thanks for coming and see you at the wedding Norma!


Shepherd's pie!
Lounging on the terrace



Mmmm...wine!
Get over here and let me snuggle you!



Bargaining skillz
I.N.A. Market



This is where she turned green...about to vomit

Dinner at Spice

Akshardham Temple






Cricket:  England vs India
Tense




Time for pedicures

5 days wasn't enough





No comments:

Post a Comment